Mel’s Current Top 20
Significant songs that you don't care about.
As of August 5, 2021
TW - Song Title - Artist - LW
1. Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran - 1
2. Last Train Home - John Mayer - 3
3. Brutal - Olivia Rodrigo - 5
4. Good 4 U - Olivia Rodrigo - 2
5. Higher Power - Coldplay - 4
6. Wrecked - Imagine Dragons - 13
7. Solar Power - Lorde - 9
8. Save Your Tears (remix & single) - The Weeknd & Ariana Grande - 6
9. Leave The Door Open - Silk Sonic - 7
10. Lost - Maroon 5 - 10
11. Nothing Else Matters (featuring....) - Miley Cyrus - 8
12. Don't Go Yet - Camila Cabello - 19
13. Run Baby Run - Southern Culture on the Skids - 15
14. The Worst Country Song of All Time - Brantley Gilbert - 16
15. Oh! - The Linda Lindas - NEW
16. Skate - Silk Sonic - NEW
17. Permission to Dance - BTS - 20
18. Renegade (featuring Taylor Swift) - Big Red Machine - 14
19. Find My Way (featuring Beck) - Paul McCartney - NEW
20. Somewhere Over the Rainbow / What a Wonderful World - "Robin Schulz, Alle Farben, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - NEW
Ed Sheeran holds on to #1 for a third week with "Bad Habits."
We have three songs this week with a Hawaii connection. Two of them belong to Bruno Mars and his group Silk Sonic. At #9 we still have holder on "Leave the Door Open" with a new one debuting at #16, "Skate." Bruno Mars grew up in Hawaii and cut his earliest musical chops being a 4-year old Elvis Presley impersonator for his father's night club show.
The third record with a Hawaii connection is "Somewhere Over the Rainbow / What a Wonderful World", a medley made famous over time in its original from by the late singer Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole. For its revival it has been remixed by Robin Schulz and Alle Farben with the "Iz" vocals and ukulele still being present in this sped up remix. The record debuts at #20.
Speaking of remixes, we got a new old one from Paul McCartney. "Find My Way" is once again on the chart this year with a new remix featuring the vocals of Beck. The track is from the McCartney III Imagined, a remix album that made it to #1 on the Billboard albums chart. The record debuts at #19.
Last but not least, we find The Linda Lindas, a rock group of young school aged girls belting out some very convincing punk rock. Their latest single "OH!" makes its debut at #15 on the Current Top 20. This will go higher than their first single, "Racist, Sexist Boy" which peaked at #14 a few weeks ago.
The video appears at the top of this post.\
Mel's Current Top 20 is on Spotify!