Thursday, August 19, 2021

Today's Vinyl Spin - SHNAZZ on LP in 2021

 


I Want To Jump on Your Bones

#TBT Thursday - Today's Vinyl Spin - SHNAZZ - "I Think We're Alone Now" - they were a local band that was on the verge of a national breakout. The cover of the old Tommy James & the Shondells hit got a bunch of radio airplay in 1980. The album had a bunch of party rockin' songs including "Bad Boys", "I Want to Jump on Your Bones", "Can You Still Come Back" and the instrumental, "Pignose Under Glass". The record was never issued in a digital format. It came out in a standard LP and cassette. "I Think We're Alone Now" b/w "Bad Boys" was also issued as a single 45, which I also have in my collection.

The members of Shnazz included  Fritz "The Fritz" Hasenpusch on vocals/harmonica, Frank Kam on guitar/vocals, Roger Holland on bass/vocals, Art Galvan on drums, vocals, percussion, and Vernon Sakata on guitar, vocals.

I was lucky enough to see them perform for free at King's Alley in Waikiki back in either 1980 or 1981. I read years ago that around 1981 they were signed to a major record label and were supposed to release a follow-up to this record. It never happened.

Here is a clip of them doing "I Want to Jump on Your Bones" and "I Think We're Alone Now."




No comments: