Mel’s Weekly Top 20
Week of October 25, 2009.
This Week - Song Title - Artist - Last Week
1. Second Chance (3rd week @ #1) - Shinedown - 1
2. Bulletproof - La Roux - 7
3. People Are Crazy - Billy Currington - 4
4. City On Our Knees - Tobymac - 5
5. Never Forget You - Noisettes - 3
6. The Other Side - AM - 2
7. Say Hey (I Love You) - Michael Franti & Spearhead featuring Cherine Anderson - 9
8. Bourgeois Shangri-La - Miss Li - 10
9. The Golden Age - The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - 19
10. We Are Golden - Mika - 12
11. All The Right Moves - OneRepublic - 15
12. Sweet Silver Lining - Kate Voegele - 14
13. Don't Upset The Rhythm (Go Baby Go) - Noisettes - 17
14. Celebration (Album Version) - Madonna - 6
15. I Keep Falling - Lovers and Poets - 20
16. Heaven Can Wait - We the Kings - 8
17. Fireflies - Owl City - new
18. Fallin' For You - Colbie Caillat - 11
19. Next In Line - Meese - 13
20. Meet Me Halfway - Black Eyed Peas - new
Owl City debuts at #17 with their hit single "Fireflies." This is the second song with the same title to chart on Mel's Weekly Top 20 this year. This past summer Chris Garneau took his different version of "Fireflies" to #12.
Black Eyed Peas smash #1 hit "I Gotta Feeling" fell off the chart this week after making an incredible run throughout the summer having topped the chart not once, but twice accumulating 6 weeks at the coveted spot. Don't count the Peas out as their latest single "Meet Me Halfway" makes its debut at #20.
The fastet mover this week is Asteroids Galaxy Tour. Their single, "The Golden Age" leaps from #19 to #9.
La Roux is knocking on the door with "Bulletproof" making a bulleted jump from #7 to #2.
I would have listed Michael Jackson's new single "This is It" to the top 20. However since I don't own a copy of it yet, it will more than likely chart next week. The single and album is slated to be released on Tuesday, October 27. You can listen to "This Is It" at this link.
Miss Li has the #8 song this week with "Bourgeois Shangri-La" from the 5G iPod commercial. Not much of a video, but the song is catchy. Give it a listen.