Friday, May 29, 2009

Mel's Weekly Top 20 & Top 10 Oldies

Just the charts this week for May 24, 2009. The current songs are what I am playing the most on my iTunes and iPod. The oldies are my favorites for this week as reported to Plannine's Classic Top 30 site.


Green Day, originally uploaded by GreendayRocks!!.

Green Day takes the number one spot with their first single from their new album 21st Century Breakdown. "Know Your Enemy" did a slow but steady climb in the past few weeks and tops the chart today. I've been listening to them on and off since the early 1990s when their songs used to get airplay on alt rock stations like Radio Free Hawaii. Some of my favorite Green Day songs from the past include "Boulevard of Broken Dreams", "Minority", "When I Come Around" and "Good Riddance - Time of Your Life." They came out with a killer version of John Lennon's "Working Class Hero" in 2007. From their current album, my favorite tracks are "Peacemaker", "21 Guns" and "21st Century Breakdown".

Here are the rest of the tracks.

MEL'S WEEKLY TOP 20 - May 24, 2009

This Week - Song Title - Artist - Last Week

1. Know Your Enemy - Green Day - 2
2. Major Tom - Shiny Toy Guns - 4
3. California - Shannon Hurley - 1
4. I'm Not Over - Carolina Liar - 3
5. Poker Face - Lady GaGa - 5
6. Halo - Beyonce - 7
7. Show Me What I'm Looking for - Carolina Liar - 8
8. 1, 2, 3, 4 - Plain White T's - 9
9. 99 Times - Kate Voegele - 11
10. People Got a Lotta Nerve - Neko Case - 6
11. I'm Just Here for the Music - Paula Abdul - 17
12. Focus - Cyndi Harvell - 13
13. What's So Bad (About Feeling Good)? - Ben Lee - 14
14. Lucky - Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat - 15
15. Two Hands - Jars of Clay - 16
16. No You Girls - Franz Ferdinand - 10
17. Please Believe Me - Darrin Kohavi - 12
18. The Great Defector - Bell X1 - 20
19. Free To Be Me - Francesca Battistelli - new
20. Failure - Operation Aloha - new

MEL'S TOP 10 OLDIES

1. Revolution - The Beatles
2. Jennifer Eccles - The Hollies
3. Arms of Mary - Sutherland Brothers & Quiver
4. Sad Sweet Dreamer - Sweet Sensation
5. The Story in Your Eyes - The Moody Blues
6. Pretty Lady - Lighthouse
7. Don't Ever Leave Me - Connie Francis
8. Tiny Bubbles - Don Ho
9. My Hawaii - The Rascals
10. Too Much Time on My Hands - Styx

No comments: