Saturday, March 23, 2013

Top 10 Oldies of the Week - March 23, 2013

The Beatles CD3

Mel's Top 10 Oldies of the Week
March 24, 2013.

Starting this week I will start to list my weekly top 10 oldies. This is just a list of various songs that I submit to the Classic Top 30 website for compilation to their survey. The site owner Chris (Plannine) has been doing the Classic Top 30 for a number of years now. I have been sending these lists in for several years. It's fun to see where the songs I choose gets placed and more so what else is also voted into the survey for the week by other readers.

Plus Chris also has a list of top 30 albums and related videos to each week's survey. Like the Weekly Top 20 that I post here, this list will also include selected, embedded videos.

And now, the list.

Mel's Top 10 Oldies of the Week
Week of March 24, 2013.

1. Let It Be - The Beatles
2. Original Sin - INXS
3. We're On Our Way - Chris Hodge
4. Keep it in the Family - The Road Home
5. Say You Love Me - Fleetwood Mac
6. Goodbye - Mary Hopkin
7. That's Where I Went Wrong - Poppy Family
8. Like the Weather - 10,000 Maniacs
9. Get Off My Cloud - The Rolling Stones
10. Johnny One Time - Brenda Lee

Top 3 Albums

1. Let It Be - The Beatles
2. Houses of the Holy - Led Zeppelin
3. Rumours - Fleetwood Mac

INXS - Original Sin (1982)



The Road Home - Keep It In The Family (1971)


Listen or download Keep It In The Family for free on Prostopleer

What are your favorite oldies? Send me a list of your favorite 10, or post them here by leaving a comment.


1 comment:

Larissa said...

"A weekly oldies playlist is starting up. I like oldies. I like playlists. And I like awesome, rambling blog names. So it goes at Mel's Internet Universe Music Blog."
http://mrshuffleupagus.blogspot.ca/2013/03/boss-stuff-on-interwebs-wednesday-links.html